Quality Assurance Analyst
PVX Plus Technologies Ltd. is a
privately held, profitable and growing company based in Markham,
Ontario. The company's growth offers long-term career and
personal development opportunities for motivated and driven
individuals. We pride ourselves on creating the best technology
to deliver great solutions backed by exceptional customer
service. We offer our employees a work environment that
encourages creativity, productivity, and success where their
contributions to our organization are valued.
The QA Analysts is responsible for confirming program operation by conducting intensive testing on new releases and upgrades to ensure that quality tools are delivered to customers. The incumbent will assist to resolve ongoing issues with software products and services offered by PVX Plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The QA Analyst is required to perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements
- Execute test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction
- Identify coding and development issues
- Review product documentation to ensure that specifications stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable
- Provide detailed report of findings, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in existing and in-progress development
- Document in defect tracking system and resolve the issue with developers
- Communicate test progress and results
- Recommend approval on programs that passed the test
- Communicates regularly with management regarding outstanding issues
- Consult with product development to evaluate system interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements of overall system
- Participate in ad hoc special projects as required
- Assist in the development of documentation for new enhancements
- Assist in the production of training material, help guides, video tutorials, and other documentation
- Work effectively with other staff members to accomplish work and departmental projects
- Prepare & deliver presentations for conferences and trade shows
- Able and willing to travel, when needed
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
skills and abilities
Effective (English) verbal and written communications skills required.
Essential experience/skills desired:
- Business or Technical degree (or equivalent), major in Computer Science preferred
- Minimum 1 year of software QA testing and or Support experience in a product development environment
- A good understanding of the software development process
- Familiarity with programming languages and development toolset or similar experience
- Working knowledge of a source code revision control system
- Experience with PxPlus family of products an asset
Proficiency in the following areas:
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must have excellent listening, oral and interpersonal skills to interact with developers and software users or management
- Must have excellent technical writing skills to document QA results and recommendations
- Must have an analytical mind and an eye for detail that can help troubleshoot problematic programs and executable codes
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
- Knowledge and experience with programming languages, application software and Internet
- Computer skills in full Microsoft Office suite
- Highly-motivated and proactive, thriving on accepting new challenges
The QA Analyst will demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Relationships: Maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Needs Assessment: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of members and other clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness; ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Organization: Excellent time management skills; attention to detail; the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency; ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create / implement action plans and monitor progress towards goals; and ability to make clear, timely decisions.
The QA Analyst will perform duties from the PVX Plus offices located at:
25 Centurian Drive; Suite 204; Markham, Ontario
Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
PVX Plus Technologies Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer
If you feel you would be a good candidate, please send us your resume and cover letter, along with your Job Application via fax or mail.
We thank all applicants; however only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
25 Centurian Drive
Markham, Ontario L3R 5N8
|For security reasons, only applications and resumes faxed or sent by regular mail will be accepted.|