Technical Support Rep
PVX Plus Technologies Ltd. is a
privately held, profitable and growing company based in Markham,
Ontario. The company's growth offers long-term career and
personal development opportunities for motivated and driven
individuals. We pride ourselves on creating the best technology
to deliver great solutions backed by exceptional customer
service. We offer our employees a work environment that
encourages creativity, productivity, and success where their
contributions to our organization are valued.
The Technical Support Reps primary role is to provide clients support and to resolve their technical issues. The incumbent will also provide training and assistance to help clients learn how to use the software products and services offered by PVX Plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technical Support Rep is required to perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Support clients with technical issues online, via email and phone
- Provide training and assistance to help clients use products and services
- Assist customers with product licensing and registration
- Troubleshoot customer issues and research solutions
- Identify and correct or advise customer on problem resolution
- Accurately log helpdesk tickets and resolutions into tracking system; maintain vigilant maintenance of this process
- Prioritize helpdesk tickets according to severity
- Escalate issues to alternate support members based on skill-sets
- Document, replicate and submit any reported defects from customers to the development team
- Communicates regularly with management regarding outstanding issues
- Participate in ad hoc special projects as required
- Assist in the production of training material, help guides, video tutorials, and other documentation
- Work effectively with other staff members to accomplish work and departmental projects
- Prepare & deliver presentations for conferences and trade shows
- Able and willing to travel, when needed
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
skills and abilities
Effective (English) verbal and written communications skills required.
Essential experience/skills desired:
- Business or Technical degree (or equivalent), major in Computer Science preferred
- Minimum 1 year of Support/Programming experience
- Customer Support experience preferable in the software industry
- Familiarity with application development or similar experience an asset
- Previous PxPlus knowledge is
helpful but not required
Proficiency in the following areas:
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and provide instructions orally and in writing
- Knowledge and experience with programming languages, application software and Internet software
- Strong customer service mindset
- Sound judgment to escalate issues to senior members with the organization
- Computer skills in full Microsoft Office suite
- Teamwork and people skills
- Highly-motivated and proactive, thriving on accepting new challenges
- Ability to work with minimum
The Technical Support Rep will demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Relationships: Maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Needs Assessment: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of members and other clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness; ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Organization: Excellent time management skills; attention to detail; the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency; ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create / implement action plans and monitor progress towards goals; and ability to make clear, timely decisions.
The Technical Support Rep will perform duties from the PVX Plus offices located at:
25 Centurian Drive; Suite 204; Markham, Ontario
Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
PVX Plus Technologies Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer
If you feel you
would be a good candidate, please send us your resume and cover
letter, along with your Job Application via fax or mail.
We thank all applicants; however only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
25 Centurian Drive
Markham, Ontario L3R 5N8
|For security reasons, only applications and resumes faxed or sent by regular mail will be accepted.|