9300 - Version 10
Version 10 PxPlus (build 9300)
This is the first PxPlus only release. No further
development is being done on the original ProvideX source
as of Version 9. All ongoing updates will be PxPlus only.
The following is a list of major enhancements and new
features that have been included in this release.
(click here to view information on the
prior build --9201)
- ODBC driver improvements
- Daytime math improved
- 64 Bit driver
- Support for new VLR format (>2GB
- Nomads Panel
- Set panel transparency
- Enter-tab setting for panel
- Frame style
- Timer options/event definition.
- Status Bar Segmentation layout
- Multi-lingual panel/message lib
- Includes field resizing options
Language Suffixes - Cascade
language suffixes on nomads libraries (If
not in .xx try .en)
- Listbox and Grid
System Popup Menu to provide
search and export capabilities
- Query Subsystem
- Added Search and Import/export
- Views may now be used for input
- Dictionary can now be in files
only (not needed in schema)
- Google Map Interface
now supports the ability to request directions
- Special File Handling -
"*VIEW*" - View based file
- The "*VIEW*" interface allows
access to the contents of a View like a
standard read-only file.
- System error log enhancements
- Dynamically allocated
single dimension array can be
defined using asterisk as subscript
- Program names are now included in Trace listing
- New List box properties
when set automatically disables list box
if it contains no entries
can be used to define the number of lines
high each row is. Columns can word-wrap
or use $0A$ to break
defines the tip value to be displayed
when hovering over column header
is now set by both left and right mouse
- Pseudo objects
added to represent controls, windows and file.
- String formatting now
provides a mask charecter of "~" which
can be used to hide characters such as credit
- Program functions (DEF FN_xxx) can now be run
in-line as directives without need to use in
expression. Return value discarded.
- IF string$ test - considers true if string not
null (not empty or not blank)
- The STP ( ) function
has been extended to allow the inclusion of '^'
to indicate any except those
- A new FIN (nn, "INPUT" |
"OUTPUT") function option can be used
to test if file is ready for input/output
- New FIN(0,
"DOUBLEBFR") function and 'OPTION'("DOUBLEBFR",value)
mnemonic was added to control the double
buffering of Windows screen refreshes to prevent
- The PTH ( ) function
has been enhanced to support multiple files and
will return the path of first file that exists
- Windows callbacks has been added to the DLL(CALL ...) function
- 'PICTURE' mnemonic can now accept NULL string to
remove picture at location.
- Support for animated GIFS has been added to the
'Picture' mnemonic and buttons
- The iNomads query now supports copy/export/hidden
columns/column filters and favorites.
- New Template creation and customization utility
- iNomads now uses absolute control placement in
lieu of table providing near exact match to
- Stand-alone command line utility (pxpsql) to
execute SQL statements and return data to
- Integrated Toolkit now includes an IntelliSense
type feature for system functions
- Page break in TASKS command
- Version Control with
- Extract/Update summary screens
- SVN UCOMMIT and DELETE options added
- Improved error handling
and Minor Changes
- Nomads Designer
- Fixed an issue where new radio buttons
had no Events section in the property
- Fixed an issue where several attributes
were missing from the tri-state checkbox
- Fixed an issue where the Designer could
hang after selecting the 'Print' item in
the main 'Panel' menu when using 'folder
- Nomads Run-time
- Frames - %NOMAD_FRAME_WIDTH can be used
to set width in pixels of a raised or
- Smart controls - Fixed an issue where
smart listboxes ignored the SEP property
- Resizing - Addressed issue where resizing
a panel with folders could result in an
error 29 if controls were too close to
the right or bottom edges of the folder.
- Size Adjustment - Addressed an issue
where control size could not be adjusted
if a COM control was present on the
- Shapes - Corrected radius settings when
- Query - Addressed an issue where windows
were drawn on the wrong monitors when the
monitors were stacked.
- Data Dictionary - Disabled non-applicable segment
options when defining numeric keys.
- IT - Fixed the 'Window' menu reference which
failed when there were 10 or more programs open.
- Pictures sent to *PDF* that are larger than their
defined region (based on 72 pixels to the inch)
will be auto-scaled to avoid displaying outside
the defined region.
- Added support for 'Preserve Controls'
attribute on folders.
- Calendar query updated to support formats
using M,D and Y.
- Auto-load controls now load when no
trigger is defined
The following additional update(s) have also been released:
- Added logic to ignore RICH TEXT FORMAT option for
controls with Format masks
- Fixed FIN for Memory files
- Corrected problem with key size processing for
- Corrections to handle MYSQL reading of Tables and
- Added support of
'PICTURE'("path_of_image") to be
treated the same as
- Added support for DS parameter and logic to, by
default, force current 'FS' (separator) into
newly created keyed or indexed files.
- Added manifest to pxplus in order to get new look
- Allowed DPI to be set to 1 to simplify bitmap
- Correction to PDF output to properly handle
oversized pictures. We now enforce scaling.
- Fixed long-standing error in the dump logic where
the line count was off after displaying the
Global Variables title.
- Fixed issue where error_handlers messed up error
trapping when converting programs.
- Corrected Menu creation with suppression. Left
existing code in place.
- Improved error reporting when the library
directory is invalid or inaccessible.
- Fixed UFAR to properly handle Compressed files.
- Added logic to handle language codes on
Unix/Linux systems using new POSIX LANG
- Added proper error reporting logic to *win/define
& *winold/define to report when it could not
update a panel library.
- Corrected potential problem with stty command
failing in *dev/xterm when running on some
- Improved Get Directory subroutine
- Corrected App server to work on Version 10 (bad
- Addressed error when displaying external database
elements after table initially selected in query
- Addressed issue where incorrect directory
structure was created in the source area for a
panel library when user copied a panel lib into
app area and made edits without first ADDing the
panel lib to the source area.
Added 'Input Length' to variable drop boxes.
- Fixed issue with using expressions for
translation values with dropbox classes.
- Added logic to properly handle bad library
- Corrected processing dependency definitions -
faulty v5 formatting, folder references,
lock/unlock and tab insertion.
- Clean up a variety of software checks for file
headers to allow [Pxp (PxBasic header)
- Addressed reporting issue for conditions in new
dependency definition which had been displayed as
logic rather than condition.
- Add option to language translation utility to
display report of translations and results.
- Cleaned up preservation of current language
extension in translator utility
- Improved translation of items that used variables
and global variables in messages.
- Corrected JUMPTO logic for iNomads to handle
- Resolved problem with iNomads Grid Find when
reading a single column.
- Corrected drag and drop logic for iNomads based
Tree views and improved visuals.
- Changed handling of Wrapped text in iNomads to
truncate outside region allocated.
- Minor correction to display of menus(visual
- Change to style sheets to prevent resizing on
Windows when hovering over Query button
- Improved Query function key handling
- Correction to iNomads tree view to handle
expanding item 0 (the whole tree)
- iNomads correction to handle NUL= option on
Multi-lines plus signal handling and style for
- Improved touch screen support and fix for locked
- Corrected problem with hidden query button during
initial display of form
- Allowed RETURN/ENTER to be entered in a textarea
(multi_line > 1 line high)
- Corrected currentitem to match what standard
Nomads/PxPlus control does.
- Revised Apache Http configuration file(s)
- Fixed Multi-Lines with signal on exit and Enter
- Corrected IE backspace handling in passworded
- Updated iNomads Query system to determine return
value for a record prior to the formatting
program being executed so it get raw rather than
- Changed linkage to ZLIB to standard system call.
- Improved handling of service names with spaces.
- Resolved problem with REC= clause cascading into
dynamically opened files.
- Corrected EVS and EVN optimized code processing
which would not properly detect alternate value.
- Fixed a bug in V_SCROLLBAR WRITE that prevented
passing a value of -1 for the 'max' parameter.
- Fixed error with Scrollbars that resulted in an
error 41 if bigJump of smallJump not specified in
- Corrected problem with CGI emulation logic when
IIS as a Web server
- Enhanced *plus/spawn to run background processes
- Improved timeout handing in *plus/web/request
- Fixed problem with leading slash in registry keys
when using *win/winobj registry routines.
- Improved WEB NEWS logic to avoid hangups when
server not available.
- Enhanced logic to return all HTTP header items as
- File Maintenance System - Updated to support
external databases and numeric keys
- Mysql interface class (*dict/db_mysql) updated to
support new mysql interface.
- Colinfo class - Fixed 'variable$ property for
- Views - Updated to handle numeric keys.
- Added ability in iNomads MSGBOX to display any
Bitmap by including "!xxxx" in list of
- Added RECONNECT_TIME parameter to iNomads.
- iNomads query - Updated to highlight favorites
and to fix positioning of query at arg_1$ value.
- Listbox colour columns - Fixed recognition of rgb
and standard colours such as Light Red, etc.
- Listbox sort updated to ignore mnemonics so
coloured columns don't affect the result.
- Resolved problem with people that incorrectly
inserted spaces in statement labels for
- Fixed problem setting tip for Folder tabs
- Added support for popup_menu position.
- Grid -- corrected flush of 'changed' data
- Enhanced Welcome message message.
glow not defined
- Fixed problem with Grid cell formatting logic and
setting of _obj_type$
- Corrected sample iNomads configuration for Apache
- Removed generic TBL$ property from Grid iNomads
- Correction to Grid for Drop boxes.
- Improved disconnect on Timeout
- Corrected problem with persistent folders and the
use of query buttons.
- Corrected JUMPTO logic for iNomads to handle